Big things can happen in a small church, and Living Faith is proof of that. Our church family has plenty of room for members and newcomers alike to grow – in Christ, in service and in community.
Our spiritual heritage emphasizes coming together around the Word of God. The worship service and Sunday School, which is available for all ages, focuses on the Bible, especially the New Testament. We also offer a Tuesday evening Bible study.
As a small congregation, we are like a family. During Sunday worship we share our joys and concerns. All major decisions of our congregation are made by the Church Council, to which all members belong. Men and women are called as pastors, deacons, teachers, leaders. Our life together is summarized in eight words: “Continuing the work of Jesus, peacefully, simply, together.”
Faith in Action
Like all Christians, Brethren believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, our Lord and Savior. We also:
- View the New Testament as our rule of faith and practice
- Observe the Christian rites of believer’s baptism, Communion, Love Feast, and anointing for healing
- Believe that God loves, forgives and desires a personal relationship with us, which we maintain by prayer and Bible reading
- Encourage simple living so that we might generously meet the needs of each other, our community and the world
- Share the good news about Jesus and participate with other Christians who witness to his love and salvation